Sunday, June 3, 2012

Night before

I am going to type as fast as I can before my computer battery goes kaput, so bear with me. It's been a bit of a rough week, but on the exciting new front I am experimenting with juicing! I had a rough go of it in the winter and gave up on it, but I can't bear being around all of these fresh fruits and veges, and not be able to indulge. My first try was cantaloupe. I liked it, and it like me! Seriously, you have no idea what a treat it was! I tried out some cucumber which smelled heavenly! I was going to mix the two, but thankfully tried it before. It was super bitter, we even peeled it and it still had such an after taste. It could have been the cucumber itself, but I ended up causing me to burp like a sailor, so that was a no go. The final experiment was some blueberries. I tried a small amount and it was SO tasty! I had a harder time after, but I'd brave it again:) Tonight at midnight I begin my fast for my EGD ultrasound. It finally hit me at dinner when Isaiah asked me what was going to happen tomorrow. I feel terrible because his field day was supposed to be last Friday and got rescheduled for tomorrow. He told us it was going to be the worst field day ever! I explained I need this test to get better, so we can do lots more things together. I am really nervous about fasting, going under, and the results of all of this. I know I shouldn't be. I keep on trying to focus on being brave and trusting this will all work out for G-d's great plan. Frankly, I still chicken. I could really use some heavy duty prayers for tonight and tomorrow. The EGD doesn't start till around 3 PM, so it'll be looooooooooooooooooooooooooong day without calories, blech. No profound thoughts just "bawk bawk" yella' chicken. I don't know when I'll be coherent enough to update. I'm hoping I can come out of it easily, last time it took hours. Thank you in advance for the prayers, I really need them (wide eyed and hiding under a blanket)!

No comments: