Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Laughter

With all of my heavy writing, I thought you might enjoy a change of pace.  Two posts, two days in a row, I am on fire!  I thought I would share with you how silly our family can be.   We aren't one's to go to the movie theater, so we are pretty behind when it comes to the latest movies.  We tend to watch them when they are aired on the TV.  Well, we finally watched Despicable Me.  I was a bit hesitant to allow the kids to watch it, as I didn't know if it would be scary, but I figured as long as we were in room we'd know quickly.   I was pretty surprised how cute the movie really was.   Normally Seth and I are running back and forth doing things, so unless it's the weekend, we tend to not watch movies.    Yesterday it just happened that we all ended up in the room with time on our hands, YAY!   We were all pretty much belly laughing through the whole movie.  I don't know if you have ever seen it, but the youngest girl had us in stitches!   She reminded me a bit of Aria.  Aria loves My Little Ponies, unicorns, and Pegasus.  So did this little girl.  At one point they are at a theme park.  The little girl really wants this unicorn, and so the whole gang is trying to help her out.  It turns out that the game is fixed, so they are sorely disappointed that they can't win.  The lead character Gru, ends up taking care of business, and they end up getting the toy through a not so likely manner.  Anyways, the part that cracked me up was the little girl finally obtaining the toy and then squeezing it and saying in a crazy deep voice "It's SO FLUFFY!"   We were all laughing so hard, that ended up rewinding it several times, just to laugh some more.   You are probably like, I don't get it, but seriously I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!   The kids were even more hyped up to see Mom and Dad busting a gut.   It has been a long time since we have really been able to sit back and relax, a good time was had by all.  

Later in the evening Seth read the kids the Narnia series.  I believe they are in the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.  Seth grew up hearing his Dad read this to him and his siblings before bed, so he is eager to carry on the tradition.  The kids beg him to read and really are quite eager for this special time.  We sent the kids off to bed with Isaiah listening to The Odyssey and Aria up with her butterfly lights aglow in her room.  I heard a couple of belly laughs out of Isaiah and then all was quiet.   I pretty much assumed we would have an uneventful night. 

I haven't been sleeping very well lately.  So I have been trying to make sure the room is dark and just lie their and pray for as many people as I can remember.  It took a while, but finally my eye lids got heavy and I was asleep.  It felt like only 5 minutes had passed when I realized that Seth was gone.  I was completely disoriented.  I have to laugh at the thought that I actually was having trouble figuring out where I was and what time of the night it was.  I'll never forget one time in high school waking up and panicking because of  thinking I was going to be late (I you can't tell, I hate being late).  I had jumped in the shower did my hair (took an hour to curl back then)  and got dressed.  I don't know how long it took me only to realize, it was only 3 in the morning.  Well, it was kind of one of those moments.  I ended up getting out of bed to search for Seth and try to figure out what had happened.  He was a little more with it than I was, but both of us were stumbling around like two clunky robots who batteries are dangerously low.  Seth informed me that Aria's ear was hurting, so he was looking for the ear drops.  All I could see was this flash light flickering around as both of us our naming off one of the many places it could be.  If I had been thinking any clearer, I would have realized that if it wasn't in the medicine cabinet or in the med cubbie, that meant were out.  Thank the Lord there was two of us, as we both collaborated and came up with the ingenious idea,  Zyrtec (from me) and Tylenol (from Seth).  Zyrtec, that was my brilliant idea??  Seriously Seth one upped me on this round.  Pretty much from that point on Aria was up, on and off and I kept on thinking I was hearing her cry.  Seth went to the pharmacy as soon as it opened and was able to get our favorite pharmacist to fill the prescription in a snap.  Seth later told me, while he was coaxing Aria to allow him to take the ear drops, he pulled out Angry birds to distract her.  Her bed is right under a window, and Seth was leaning back on it.  As soon as he leaned forward, the shade snapped up and the sun was starting to peak through.  Aria sits up and says, "it's morning!"  in her sing song voice.  Seth is trying his hardest to get her to go back to bed, being that it is the crack of dawn!  Just when Seth finally got her to consider going back to sleep, a charity came by and rang the door bell.  Seth is totally baffled that anyone would even consider ringing a door bell this early in the morning.  Poor Seth.  I am deaf as a door nail, so I was none the wiser to all that was going on.  I just remember going into Aria's room and talking with her.  I couldn't figure out how she was so perky and awake.  I just have to laugh.  I know you probably have encountered many situations like this.  The whole thing is so ridiculous that it takes the two of us to discuss over his break what had really happened!  
 
Sleep deprivation, do you have any of these stories?

I'll never forget the time when Isaiah was only a few months old.  We were both so sleep deprived and apparently I was having a realistic dream.   I was always terrified that I was going to roll over on him and smother him, so I was afraid to sleep with him.  A friend of ours had this actually happen to them and their son died, so I was pretty paranoid.  Well, between middle of the night feedings I had fallen asleep with Isaiah, or so I had thought.  I woke up hysterical and started yelling at Seth "where is the baby?  Where is he?!  Oh my Lord, we lost the baby!"  Seth is completely disoriented and is walking around the room in a daze.  When I realize that he isn't getting what I am saying, I am hysterical.  I am clawing and the sheet and digging around yelling like a deranged circus monkey yelling "WHERE IS MY BABY!!"  Seth finally gets it and starts digging in the sheet.  People, it was a sheet in the middle of summer.  Not blankets upon blankets, like the winter, but a sheet.   Seth runs downstairs (I am seriously laughing while typing this) and I am checking the floor (our house is small too, so there isn't many places to lose a baby in our house) when all of the sudden Seth goes, "Kelly."  By now, I might as well be frothing at the mouth with how panicked I am.  "What!" I insanely reply.  "He's right here."  "Where?" I am stupefied.  "In the crib, sound asleep."  Seth just starts laughing as he hops back into bed.  What makes the situation even more nuts, was Isaiah's crib was in our bedroom.  I run over, there he is soundly asleep.  Soundly..... Which is more than I can say about his crazy mother.   I can't stop laughing!  

I can name so many other times like being in the PICU with Elijah.  Seth and I are sleeping on a one person cot.  Thank the Lord both of us were skinny as picks or else they would have made us go home (they didn't have places for parents to sleep then).  I'll never forget being up all night with Eli, and then finally falling asleep on this tiny chair with Seth slammed up against my back.  We were packed in there about as tight as sardines in a can.  I remember waking up to voices and sitting up with my hair resembling that of a Cockatoo.  I opened my eyes and their stood the whole team of doctors and interns.  There were at the very least 7 doctors all staring at Seth and I.  I was so embarrassed as we are trying to ask them serious questions all the while having the thought process of an ameba. 

I can only imagine the stories the kids are going to have of us.  They are already starting to pick up on funny things, so gone are the days of pretending it's all good, with them none the wiser. 

I am not one to quote TV, as I get easily annoyed when someone is explaining something that you have no idea what they are talking about.  I ended up seeing the Stephen Kind movie It when I was much too young.  If anyone of you have ever seen this movie, well it pretty much makes you scared of clowns for life.   Suffice to say, I hate clowns.  Late one night I hear Seth laughing like crazy, he can barely get the words out.  All I hear is him saying the words "Little Ceaser's, clown, and honk."  He knows I am terrified of them, which is the only reason that this is even funny.  I am like, WHAT?  Well, if you get the chance to ever see the Little Ceaser's commercial with two girls walking in the woods and they are discussing that there is a crazy clown loose in the woods.  The other girl talks about the $5 pizza, when all of the sudden a clown jumps of the bushes and says "your both right!" and then proceeds to honk his horn and run away.  I must have had a look of sheer horror on my face, because Seth is laughing even harder.  His laughter is contagious, so I joined in.  I don't even know why I am writing about this, I must be so over tired.  I guess I thought it was so funny and any time you see it, you can think about me and all those who are terrified of clowns, and how awful that would be if it really happened LOL.

I am laughing even now and the kids keep on asking me why I am laughing.  If laughter is the best medicine, I have gotten a good dose.  This post is completely pointless, but I hope it might have made you laugh.  I figured with all the tears we have shared, we should also share in the dorky moments.  It'll keep us young. If you have a good story, feel free to share, I can always use another dose;D



Here's the clip if you want to see what I am talking about


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4i7vS_UO4Q
















No comments: